The EuroSymphony Barcode has grown a full-fledged Lotus Symphony extension supporting a wide variety of barcode standards. It is free and open-source and available for download.
EuroOffice Barcode is a simple extension for creating UPC-A, EAN-13, ISBN and JAN barcodes in Lotus Symphony Document and Spreadsheet.
It currently supports the following barcode types:
- UPC-A (the most common barcode in the US)
- EAN-13 (the most common barcode in Europe)
- JAN (the barcode used in Japan, basically EAN-13 with the country code for Japan)
- ISBN-13 (the barcode used in books after 2007, basically EAN-13 with a superscript)
- ISBN-13 from ISBN-10 (the barcode used in books before 2007, basically EAN-13 with a different superscript)
- Standard 2 of 5 (Code 25)
- Interleaves 2 of 5 (ITF 25)
- Code 128
For all of these codes checksum calculation
is also supported, and ISBN numbers are correctly hyphenated.