EuroOffice Dictionary is a dictionary toolbar. This toolbar offers an offline dictionary to display translations of a word in free version, while dictionary professional continuously displays translations for the word under the cursor in a text document and provides other useful features. The professional version includes more dictionaries, supports more formats and has more features than the free version.
- Look up a word in the dictionary then copy or type it in the first dropdown box in the toolbar.
- Dock or undock the toolbar to find the most comfortable way of using it!
- EuroOffice Dictionary comes with dictionaries for English, German and French.
- Adding new dictionaries or replacing the included dictionaries is easy! They are simple CSV files!
- State-of-the-art stemming for Hungarian, and basic stemming for English.
"Translate words with EuroOffice Dictionary extension" — a review at Linux.com
Exclusive to the professional version are the following features:
- Cursor tracking. Look up a word in the dictionary by placing the cursor on that word in the document. The translations will appear in the second dropdown box.
- You can just read the translations or even replace the word with a translation with a single click!
- When replacing a word, the cursor moves on to the next word, providing a way to quickly create a "raw" translation of a sentence.
- EuroOffice Dictionary Professional comes with dictionaries for English, German, French, Italian, Hungarian, Polish, Spanish and Dutch (list of dictionaries).
- Add new words to the dictionary with a single click! (Key presses for entering the translation are of course inevitable.)
- Multi-word expressions can now be looked up. Just move the cursor to the first word in the expression!
- Parts of compound words can be looked up by moving the cursor inside the word.
- Merge dictionaries as easily as you add them!
- DICT server file format support means you can now import a large number of freely available dictionary files. Some files in this format are available at the DICT project website, with many more available at the FreeDict project website.
- Use the Dictionary Manager to see a list of your dictionaries, edit or remove them and install new ones!
- Toggle online monitoring on or off with a single click.
- The cursor tracking feature is only available in Writer but the toolbar can also be used in Calc and Impress.
Try the free version before your purchase! It does not include the exclusive features, and only dictionaries for English, French and German are bundled, but it is not time-limited or crippled in any way.
In case of updating from version 1.8 you will see two issues in your Extension Manager. To fix them you have to remove version 1.8 and enable the newer version.
EuroOffice 2008 and OpenOffice.org 2.* users should download for correct functioning.
The price includes priority support and updates for one year. Please contact us at email@example.com if you run into any problems or have questions!